Friday, March 4, 2011

Growing Pesto Sauce

Sounds crazy but yes, technically I am growing pesto sauce. There is the Thai Basil, next to it the garlic and for that extra kick there is the Thai Hot Chilli. The first two are basic ingredients of pesto sauce; I will have to buy the third essential which is pine nuts. Perfect! I was looking for a recipe that uses the abundant Thai Basil and then I thought why not make pesto. And of course I googled for pesto recipes and found out that I would need 2 cups of basil leaves. Haha, I hope Thai Basil works the same!

Had to use a bamboo stick to prop up the Thai Basil bent over with the bountiful leaves weighed down by the afternoon deluge yesterday.



It feels good to see sunlight streaming in, forming playful shadows on the leaves of the winter melon seedling - 1 of the 2 surviving ones. The rest perished because I disrupted their fragile roots.



The last of the cherry tomatoes hidden in the dense foliage, ripening in the morning sun - promising me a good snack in a few days time. :)



Hmmm .... the umbrella gang struck again this morning!



This one is for you, Constance :) - a cutting of Rosemary. Hopefully it will take root and grow. Let's give it a couple of months!



Pinto beans seemed to have caught up with big brother! The seedlings look like same size now.



Yeah baby, you caught on real fast - that bamboo stick is for you to curl your tendrils around so that you can climb and reach the fence and go skywards!



I am actually quite proud to see these chilli plants growing so well, getting bushier and greener by the day.



Stop check: looks like my garden is greening out slowly but nicee...ly! From the backlane ...



... and from the top ...

No comments:

Post a Comment