Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stock Take

It seems to me like I have been reporting on the progress of my gardening adventure factually only. I am bored reading my own gardening annals!

It is slow going, trying to get the plants I want as food to grow. I am wondering if the sweet potatoes I planted into the ground 1 week ago is going to grow any shoots soon. I feel like digging them up to see if they are still there or they have rotted away. Should I?

Also, I think I have to raise the beds for the aloes. They are so not looking great and I think it is because their roots are too wet most of the time since I had planted them too deep. Maybe I should go and get some more burnt earth next week and start revamping my garden by raising the beds for certain plants.

I think I may end up with a papaya plantation if all the seeds I sowed start to grow. I don't know which ones I want to keep as I can't remember which ones are from the sweetest papayas.

Maybe it is time to get a persimmon plant, a custard apple plant, thyme, pomelo, local chilli plant, a bigger tomato plant, okra, radish and chye sim seeds. I think this list is more than enough to cover all the ground I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment