Monday, February 28, 2011

Papaya, Pinto, Potato

I just noticed that these plants all start with P! :D






The first of the NINE pinto beans has sprouted - its seedling looks like grande size compared to papaya seedlings. Speaking of which, the papaya seedlings have really grown and they are really "racing" each other to grow taller as you can see in the group above. The lone seedling looks stunted although it had sprouted earlier than the group because there is no competition - hmmm.... a lesson here, I think!




And the potato is growing, albeit rather slowly - it has some new leaves but so tiny.




Two ginger shoots growing tall - I hope they are growing as well underground because it is the tubers I want :)




What I can't figure is how come the other pot of winter melon seedlings sprouted as a group whereas in this pot only one grew. I divided the seeds into two groups for the two pots but yet the difference in the germination of the seeds. Infertile seeds - maybe!



A triumvirate! Ooh ... I love my chilli plant. The new chillies are bigger and there are loads more coming up. How I wish I am a chilli padi fan because then I can really enjoy the fruits of my labour!

P.S. I was digging around a patch and uprooted 2 of the 3 sweet potatoes I planted some time ago. One of them seem to be rooting but no shoots yet and both potatoes looked all right, not rotted. Marked their spots so that I don't go digging them up again, disturbing their growths.

No comments:

Post a Comment