Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grass? So Cute!


When I walked past my little garden this morning on the way back from market with an okra pod, I saw the little so absolutely cute patch of papaya seedlings that looked almost like grass.


The little cherry tomato was just harvested and laid on the papaya grass.


Planted the okra seeds today on a raised bed. Read that they need full sun and good drainage. Hopefully my shortcut of planting fresh seeds works. Here are the winter melon seedlings planted a week ago. They sprouted really fast - now I really believe that newspaper article which said that 2 ladies got a winter melon 18 inches long from seeds they plant more than a month before.


I think the chilli plant are 2 different plants in the same pot. One always have slim red chillies while the other, fatter and round orange coloured chillies.


The old cucumber is growing well and I think I put it in the correct corner - its creepers should be able to climb the fence - I just spotted the tendril which is usually used to coil round fences when it grows upwards. Looking forward to harvest my own pesticide free old cucumber. I wonder how do they become old cucumber - do I just let them grow and grow until they turn yellow? Are they normal cucumbers before they turn old and yellow? Or are they totally different species?


Are these jasmine flowers? I bought it from a nearby NTUC - it said jasmine on the sticker. Wonder if it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment