Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lazy Lazy

Don't know why I was so tired today - so I didn't work in the garden at all. Only watered the plants in the morning and checked for signs of rat invaders - glad to report that there was none :)

Bought a Jasmine plant from NTUC - it was looking so sad having been on the shelf for so many days and shoppers are only buying seasonal plants like Kumquat and Orange Plants. $5!

Oh, I also bought some sweet potatoes from the vegetable seller who told me to keep them in the dark until the shoots start growing before planting them in the ground. Just imagine, one day I may get to eat my own grown sweet potato leaves fried in belacan! Yummy! And maybe enough will grow to allow me to harvest the roots for an occasional sweet potato porridge, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment