Friday, February 3, 2012

Nona a plenty!

After an absence of 17 days, I returned to a happy garden. I left it in the care of a friend who came and pick caterpillars off the pomelo and water some potted plants once a week. And all's well!

The custard apple (or what my friends in Penang call "nona") flowers are unusual - forgotten what it looked like the last time as there was only one. Now there are a few in various stages of blooming and I really don't know how to describe them - so see it for yourself :)







The 5 new okra plants have grown but their leaves are different from the previous batch in that it is rather completely round rather than sharply tri-lobed! I wonder why - it was from my previous plant - so, what happened? Recently, in Penang, I saw an okra plant that had distinct tri-lobed leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment